LIVING GOODS INC.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information We Collect Directly
We have developed our Site so that you may visit it without being required to provide your name, email address or similar Personal Information. However, certain features of the Site may include features or services that permit you to enter contact information and other information about you, such as your name, address and e-mail address.
We may collect Personal Information without you entering it on the Site, including by obtaining it from public sources or from third parties, and use it to send you information we think may be of interest to you, where permitted by law. If you don’t want to receive information from us, you can follow the instructions below to stop those messages.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you interact with the Site, certain information about your use of the Site is automatically collected. This information includes your domain name and host for Internet access; the Internet address of the site from which you came; the date and time of your access; your computer’s IP address and information about its operating system, browser and host; the date and time you access the Site and the pages you visit.
- Performance/Analytics: We use these cookies to analyze how the Site is accessed, used or is performing. We use this information to maintain, operate and continually improve the Site. We may also obtain information from our e-mail newsletters, to learn whether you opened or forwarded the newsletter or clicked on any of the content. This information tells us about our newsletters’ effectiveness and helps us ensure that we’re delivering information that you find interesting.
- Advertising: Interest-based advertising is the collection of data across different websites and/or different devices for the purpose of tailoring advertising based on preferences or interests known or inferred from the data collected. We allow third parties, such as Google, Facebook, and Twitter, who assist us in serving advertising regarding the Site when you leave the Site, to collect or receive information from our website and elsewhere on the internet and use that information to provide measurement services and target ads.
If you do not want to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject them. However, if you turn cookies off, you may not have access to some of the Site’s services and features. We also may allow third parties to issue cookies, pixels, web beacons and other tracking technologies on our Site to help us compile aggregated statistics regarding the operations of our Site.
You can learn more about ad serving companies and the options available to limit their collection and use of your information by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative. Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt-out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings and by resetting the advertiser ID on your Apple or Android device.
Information from Social Media
When you interact with the Site through a social media platform (such as by clicking on a social media icon linked from the Site), we may collect the Personal Information that you make available to us on that page, including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts. If you choose to log in to your account with or through a social networking service, we and that service may share certain information about you and your activities.
USE AND SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use information you give us to:
- Communicate with you, including to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- Provide, maintain, personalize, optimize, and improve the Site, including research and analytics regarding use of the Site, or to remember you when you leave and return to the Site;
- Provide you with more relevant content in email bulletins to which you may be subscribed;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal.
We may share your Personal Information with third party service providers, affiliates and agents who use the information to help us respond to your requests and to perform services on your behalf. We may also share information with third parties who we think have a similar mission to ours to enable them to reach you with similar or related messages. We do not rent or sell your Personal Information to third parties.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT OUR INFORMATION COLLECTION AND SHARING PRACTICES
DATA STORAGE, LOCATION, AND DURATION
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE ABOUT OTHERS
FOR USERS IN THE EEA AND SWITZERLAND
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, the following information applies.
Purposes of processing and legal basis for processing Personal Information: As explained above, we process Personal Information in various ways depending upon your use of our Site. We process Personal Information on the following legal bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to perform our agreements; and (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing services where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedom related to data privacy.
Transfers: Personal Information we collect may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States or any other country in which we or our affiliates, partners, or service providers maintain facilities. Upon the start of enforcement of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we will continue to ensure that transfers of Personal Information to a third country or an international organization are subject to appropriate safeguards as described in Article 46 of the GDPR.
Individual Rights: If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, you are entitled to the following rights once the GDPR becomes effective. Please note: In order to verify your identity, we may require you to provide us with Personal Information prior to accessing any records containing information about you.
- The right to access. You have the right to obtain information about our processing of personal data and a copy of your personal data that we store.
- The right to rectify your data. You have the right to request that we update your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to request data erasure. You have the right to have your Personal Information erased from our files if the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or you believe your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing.
- The right to restrict or object to our processing. You have the right to restrict or object to our processing if we are processing your data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest as an exercise of official authority (including profiling); using your data for direct marketing (including profiling); or processing your data for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
- The right to lodge a complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with your data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities are available here.
USE OF THE SITE BY CHILDREN
We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of the United States and similar laws around the world where applicable. Our Site is not specifically targeted to children, we do not actively solicit information from children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children without proper parental consent. If you believe that we may have collected Personal Information from someone under the applicable age of consent without parental consent, please write to us at the physical address set forth below in the section “Contact Us” or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly address the issue.
TO STOP RECEIVING MESSAGES FROM US
If you wish to stop receiving messages from us, click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any message you receive from us.
1875 K Street NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20006
INFORMATION COLLECTED UNDER “CAREER OPPORTUNITIES”
When you provide information in Career Opportunities we use that information to evaluate your candidacy for employment and to track and evaluate our hiring practices generally. We may disclose your information to recruiters and other third parties who help us review applicants. When uploading a resume, please do not provide us with sensitive information such as social security numbers, dates of birth, and financial information.
ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONDITIONS